Track cycling events involve a mix of speed, skill and tactics. The sport is highly competitive and hugely entertaining, and because events are raced in a velodrome, track is arguably the best type of cycling for spectators.
New Zealand's track cyclists are world class, and carded athletes in our current high performance programme include Olympic and Commonwealth Games medallists, who are on track for next year's Olympic Games in Rio.
The VANTAGE Elite & U19 Track National Championships is the pinnacle event for our top track cyclists. Olympic medallists, World Championship riders and World Cup riders will be lining up against our emerging future champions to race on the boards of the Cycling Centre of Excellence - the Avantidrome in Cambridge.
Avantidrome, The Home of Cycling – is a world class velodrome connected to world class facilities for BMX, road and mountain biking.
For information regarding the venue and entry terms and conditions, click here
Track Cycling is one of the best spectator sports around!
Following on from a sell-out UCI Track Cycling World Cup in 2015, this is your only opportunity in 2016 to see our Elite Riders before they head off to the World Championships and Rio.
This event will be ticketed, for more information on ticketing click here.
1. Wear layered clothing – it can get very hot inside the velodrome!
2. Stay hydrated – ensure you drink enough water.
3. Be informed – check out the race schedule here and the venue entry conditions here and follow the event facebook here.
4. Arrive in good time – be prepared for traffic delays and plan accordingly. Gates open 1 hour before the sessions start. See Parking Map here.
5. Get ready to be entertained – Track Cycling is one of the most exciting spectators' sports!
Come Home to Cambridge where you will discover our welcoming community, wonderful things to do, spectacular events to enjoy, tranquil places to stay, tasty eateries, boutique shopping and a full range of trade and professional services. We invite you to explore our website and Discover Cambridge.
Cambridge is a majestic tree-lined town that sits at the heart of New Zealand's rural heartland. Its proximity to many of the North Island's main towns and cities makes it the ideal location for visitors, businesses and the 18,400 residents who chose to call it home.